How to apply for a job
1. Where do I find available positions in Nilfisk?
Please find all global available job positions here
2. How do I apply for a job at Nilfisk?
You can find an overview of all jobs available here.
Please note: that we use LinkedIn for recruitment purposes where we view publicly open profiles to find potential candidates for our vacancies and share the profiles with Nilfisk employees involved in the recruitment process.
Also note: that due to data protection regulations, we are not allowed to receive applications via e-mail, LinkedIn, or any other channel besides our official career page.
We look forward to receiving and reading your CV.
3. Can I send an unsolicited application?
Unfortunately, we do not accept unsolicited applications.
Anyone aspiring to work at Nilfisk is welcome to create a profile in our career system, where you will then receive notification alerts of relevant job openings.
Follow Nilfisk on LinkedIn and stay updated with job openings and other interesting information about us.
4. Do you have a Nilfisk referral program?
Yes, we have a referral program, and we encourage you to reach out to any friends or former Nilfisk employees so that they can submit your information and answer any questions you might have about the company.
5. Can I apply for a job located in a different country?
Yes, however please be aware that we usually do not support relocation costs.
Practical about applying
1. How do I add a cover letter or attachments when I apply for a job?
When you apply for a position in our career system, follow the steps in the application flow. After submitting your CV, it is possible to attach additional documents in the step called “Application”.
2. Can I withdraw my application?
Yes, you can always withdraw your application:
- Go to our career system
- Sign-in to your profile
- Go to 'Account Settings'
- Click on 'Delete my information'
3. Can I use electronic signature during the application process?
It depends on the location of the selected position. Nilfisk is using DocuSign for electronic signature in certain countries, while paper-based signature is still required in other countries. You can get more information about it from your recruiter during the recruitment process. If you need help how to use DocuSign, please read the DocuSign user guide (EN, HUN).
Salary, benefits and more
1. What is the salary for a job at Nilfisk?
It depends on the position and the candidate profile. We offer market value based on a global compensation benchmark database. In some positions e.g., within Sales, a bonus scheme is added.
2. Which benefits does Nilfisk offer?
Nilfisk offer a range of benefits, however it depends on the location and work site. Please ask during the recruitment process to receive a correct answer.
3. Does Nilfisk support work visa?
In some cases, yes. Please ask during the recruitment process as it depends on the situation.
4. Does Nilfisk support relocation?
Per default, no, however it depends on the situation.
The recruitment process
1. How is the recruitment process at Nilfisk?
The purpose of our recruitment process is to find out if there is a match between what you are looking for, and what we can offer. If the hiring manager or Recruiter finds your application relevant, you will be contacted for an interview. We will typically conduct an initial phone screening, and if successful, invite you for an interview with the Hiring Manager. If you continue in the recruitment process, depending on the country and position, we often conduct a personality assessment and aptitude test in which, upon completion, you will be invited for a feedback conversation.
The recruitment process can, however, vary from country to country. The hiring manager or Recruiter will inform you about the process according to each respective country and position.
2. Recruitment process - step-by-step
In this guide we aim to give you a quick overview of the recruitment process in Nilfisk. Our goal is to offer a good, transparent and inclusive recruitment process where we get the chance to get to know you through a series of interviews and assessments and where you get a change to get to know us, in order for both to make a qualified decision.
- Step 1: Phone screening (30 min.)
You will have a short phone conversation with HR and talk about the position and your motivation for the role you have applied for.
- Step 2: 1st interview (60 min.)
This interview is with the Hiring Manager, where you talk about your experience, and you are presented to the company and the role.
- Step 3: 2nd interview (90 min.)
Depending on the position, HR might invite you to complete a personality questionnaire and aptitude test. HR and the Hiring Manager will go through your results during this meeting.
In some cases, you might also meet some of your future peers or close stakeholders.
- Step 4: 3rd interview (60 min.)
Finally, you might be invited to meet the Hiring Manager’s manager for a final interview.
- Step 5: References
We will typically ask for a reference check in the end of the process. HR will ask for your consent before contacting references.
- Step 6: Offer
Congratulations if you get offered the position!
After accepting the offer, your onboarding process starts with support from your new manager and colleagues.
3. How to prepare for the interview?
To help you prepare for the interview, we have collected a few tips here.
Before your interview
- Prepare yourself. Spend time prior to the interview by reading job description and visiting the Nilfisk website and the Careers page to get to know the company. Look also into practicalities such as how you will get there and how long it will take. Sleep well and fuel yourself with a nice meal before the interview.
- Growth Mindset. At Nilfisk we believe that abilities can be learned and developed through dedication and hard work. It is interesting for us to understand your learning process. Therefore, before the interview please think of a professional set-back and what you learned from it.
- Your chance to interview Nilfisk. This is your chance to learn more about Nilfisk. There are many aspects of the job that you can only uncover by speaking with us. Please prepare and ask questions about the role, team, culture, organization and industry, we are happy to answer your questions.
- Special requirements and accessibility
Everyone is different when it comes to interviews - so if you have any special requirements, just let us know and we’ll do our very best to accommodate you.
During your interview
Your background. We evaluate your experience, skills and behaviors by using a behavioral interview technique called the STAR model (Situation, Task, Action, Result). This allows us to understand how you’ve handled a specific situation at work (or your studies) and to predict future behavior. An example of a question could be “Tell me about a time where you had to change your initial idea to create more value to the company?”.
When providing your answer, reflect on specific workplace scenarios, and prepare a short description of each situation. Include the task at hand, your actions, and the eventual outcome or results. Please be as specific as possible and provide descriptive details in your response.
Be yourself. We’re here to meet the real you. There’s no point in trying to be someone else, it doesn’t help you or us in the long run. It's important for us that you are willing to ask questions and admit when you don’t know something – it's a part of our mindset and philosophy around growth mindset.
Imagine working with us. We mean this quite literally – imagine yourself working with the people interviewing you. The people sitting in front of you will positively reflect the teams you’ll be working with. If you can picture yourself working with your interviewers, you might be in the right place.
After your interview
Process description. If you are not already familiar with the hiring process, please ask the Hiring Manager or HR when you can expect to hear back about next steps or the hiring decision.
Follow up and stay connected. HR or the Hiring Manager will follow up with you about the outcome of your interview as soon as possible. If you have any additional questions or thoughts, please don't hesitate to contact the hiring manager or HR after your interview.
We invite you to follow Nilfisk on LinkedIn and connect with the Hiring Manager and HR.