Top 5 Ways to Maximize Warehouse Efficiency and Safety with a Cleaning Program
1. Keep your people safe
Clean warehouses improve employee safety and confidence, support greater productivity, and experience fewer workflow disruptions.
- CONTROL DUST. It affects air quality, worker health, and equipment lifetimes.
- SANITIZE FLOORS REGULARLY. Pathogens can find their way onto shoes and unshelved products.
DISINFECT SURFACES. High-touch areas should be given extra attention whenever possible.
2. Help maintain productivity
Operations are smoother, work is easier, and morale is higher in clean spaces. Warehouses are no exception.
- ACCESORIZE EQUIPMENT. The right accessories will make it easier to tackle specific areas and jobs at your facility.
- MINIMIZE MAINTENANCE. A machine built for easy service is more likely to be ready whenever a site needs cleaned.
- PRIORITIZE COMFORT. Each solution’s ergonomics will impact how well your operators can clean with it.
3. Lower your costs and maximize value
Your cleaning program will have a positive impact on the bottom line when it’s at its most efficient and effective.
- PROLONG YOUR EQUIPMENT LIFETIME. Your equipment performance will be enhanced and maintained more reliably under clean, dry, dust- free operating conditions.
- KEEP IT COMPLIANT. Hygiene and waste- containment regulations are no joke. Failure to comply can lead to fines and even shutdown.
- BE PROACTIVE ABOUT SERVICE. Choose equipment designed for easy part-replacement, and keep a close eye on performance to avoid downtime.
4. Protect your products
Quality standards are easier to maintain when cleanliness and hygiene are both maximized, and your customers will notice.
- VACUUM REGULARLY. Minimal dust, debris, and contaminants in inventory or packing areas means greater packaging safety and quality.
- DISINFECT SHARED VEHICLES. Sanitizing them will ensure safer packing and delivery.
- DEEP-CLEAN BY DEFAULT. With so many people moving in and out of storage areas, a more detailed cleaning process is a safer bet.
5. Make a great impression
A clean warehouse sends the right message to visitors and employees, demonstrating an internal commitment to professionalism and quality.
- DON’T FORGET OUTSIDE. Remember that a good first impression starts before anyone sets foot in your building.
- MAKE IT VISIBLE. These days, it pays to show people that your facility’s standard of clean is always being kept where it needs to be.
- CONSIDER AUTOMATION. Maintaining a high standard 24/7 is easier if your equipment can operate without oversight.
IS YOUR DISINFECTION ROUTINE OPTIMIZED?
Even after the pandemic is over, controlling the spread of pathogens should be a key priority at every warehouse.
of managers say a systematic approach to cleaning & staff skills and motivation make the difference.*
Inform that standards of clean have increased significantly for facilities since the start of the covid-19 pandemic.**
Report more formalized cleaning plans.**
To keep your employees safe, your products deliverable, and your customers loyal,
consider one of the following solutions.
When it comes to killing germs, there’s nothing that matches the power of superheated water. Steam machines are easy to use, and capable of disinfecting spaces that would be unreachable with other means – with quick-drying results.
Effective floorcare is an integral aspect of your hygienic standard, and UV-C disinfection takes that effectiveness further. An autonomous UV-C solution, like the Nilfisk Liberty SC50 UVGI, can keep your floors pathogen-free at all hours of the day.
Ask about a free cleaning assessment
100,000+ facility managers rely on us to help them identify more effective cleaning procedures and select the right cleaning equipment.