- Gather your tools: You will need a high pressure washer, a drain and tube cleaner accessory, gloves, eye protection, and a ladder if the drain is located above ground level.
- Turn off the water: Before you begin, make sure to turn off the water supply to the drain you are cleaning. This will prevent water from flowing out of the drain and onto you while you work.
- Clear debris from the drain opening: Remove any debris or objects that are blocking the drain. This will prevent large chunks of dirt from being scattered around, causing further clogs.
- Attach the drain and tube cleaner accessory: Attach the accessory onto the high pressure washer. This type of accessory is ideal for cleaning drains as the long thin tube can reach down pipes and drains whilst spraying water in a fan pattern, providing maximum coverage and cleaning power.
- Start cleaning: Begin cleaning the drain by directing the drain and tube cleaner into the opening. Make sure to hold it at a safe distance and keep the pressure washer moving to avoid damage to the surface. Clean the drain thoroughly, working your way around the circumference of the opening.
- Check if water can flow: After cleaning the drain, check to make sure that the water is flowing freely. If there are still blockages, repeat the cleaning process until the drain is completely clear.
Cleaning your drains with a high pressure washer can be a quick and effective way to eliminate clogs and prevent further problems from developing. By following these steps, you can ensure that your drains are functioning properly and that unpleasant odours are eliminated. With regular cleaning, you can keep your drains in top condition and avoid costly repairs. Don’t forget to rinse out your high pressure washer and let it dry completely before storing it away.