YOUR RIGHTS AS SOMEONE WHOM WE HAVE PERSONAL DATA ABOUT
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the rights to:
- Access your data. You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Rectify your data. You have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Erase your data. In certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. (If we are legally obligated to keep the information or if it is impossible or disproportionate, we will not delete it, but we will only keep it for as long as it is needed, and we have time limits on our data systems).
- Restrict the processing of data. Where certain conditions apply, you have a right to restrict the data processing.
- Portability of data. You have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Object to data. You have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Object to automated processing, including profiling of data. You also have the right not to have a computer make decisions about you directly (this does not include general marketing based on your age or gender).
- Judicial review. If we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with the reason. Complaints. You have the right to complain.
We are not responsible for websites not owned or controlled by us, e.g., social media platforms/services. We encourage you to be aware and read the privacy policies of those websites as they may very easily be collecting, storing, using, and sharing your personal information.
OUR RULES FOR COLLECTING DATA
We respect and value your privacy, and only ask for information we need in order for you to have a great customer journey. Whenever we collect customer data, we ensure that:
- We ask for permission to collect the data.
- We only use the data for the agreed reason and for the time it is needed.
- We will, as a minimum, meet the local data protection laws in the country where we provide you with a service via our website or our applications.
- We keep data that we are legally required to have on record.
- We explain why we need the data and how we will use it.
- We check and update privacy information on a regular basis.
- We do not share data with anyone unless we have a legal or legitimate reason to, or we have permission from you.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect your personal and anonymous information from you when you visit any of the sites on our Nilfisk.com domain or when you use one of our applications. We also receive information via third parties when you visit our page on social media sites or channels (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.).
The data that we may collect is as follows:
- Registration data, which we use to help you set up an account (e.g., your name, country, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password).
- Payment or transactional data, which we use when you buy products or use online services (e.g., postal address, phone number or credit card number).
- Location data or your IP address, which we use to give you relevant local online content based on your location.
- Data you have shared on our forums or through our applications.
- Data you have sent to an individual or group using our messaging, chat, or post services.
- Data you provide when you use our own online channels or third-party channels, or if you link your Nilfisk account to a third-party platform.
WHY WE NEED TO PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
We need to process personal data, so that:
- We can give you the best online experience across our platforms.
- We can tailor communication to your needs and wants.
- We can ask for feedback on our services through questionnaires and surveys.
- We can provide relevant marketing information about our products.
- We can send any information asked for or answer customer questions.
- You can buy products from our online e-commerce shop.
- You can use the online/offline Nilfisk experiences we have created.
- You can register for any accounts/services.
- You can share information across our forums/platforms.
When you visit our online channels or when you use third-party sites or platforms, we use technology such as cookies, flash cookies and pixels to process your personal data.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In general, we will keep your personal data if your account is active or if it is needed to provide you with a service. If you would like to cancel your account or for us to delete your data, we will only keep information that we need for legal reasons, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements.
- We will store your personal data (email, phone, name etc.) if we are in contact with you about our products and services, or until you instruct us to delete your data, or if there is a legal dispute with you, after which the data are being deleted – or anonymized.
- If you want to access the data we have about you, please click here and fill in the form to enable us to identify you and find your data. If there are errors in the information we have about you, please tell us and we will correct them.
- If you want to request that we delete your data in our system, click here
Click here to read Nilfisk’s data privacy notice to its business partners
Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. A cookie itself does not contain or collect information. However, when it is read by a server via a web browser, it can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service – for example, remembering login details and website settings/preferences.
Like most websites, our online channels/applications (apps) collect some information (e.g., IP addresses, browsers, internet service providers, browsing history, operating systems, date stamps, time stamps and clickstream data). This information will not be linked to any other information we collect about you unless you have given your consent.
LOCAL LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
As a global organization, we want to make sure we, as a bare minimum, live up to the standards of data privacy and security outlined by the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This is something we apply anywhere in the world where we collect, store, use and/or share your personal data. If your local legal requirements surpass the rules outlined by GDPR, we will adjust our practice to make sure your data is safely handled and stored with us, no matter where you are in the world.
Please contact us if you have any question about our policies, want to obtain insight in any personal data held for you or have any concerns regarding Nilfisk’s use of your personal data.